Chemical Identification and Properties
- Boiling point: 173 °F (78.3 °C)
- Flash point: 55 °F (12.8 °C) Closed Cup
- Molecular formula: C2-H6-O
- Molecular weight: 46.07 g/mol
- Vapor pressure: 59.5 hPa
- CAS Number: 64-17-5
TESTMONO GRAPHSPECIFICATION Assay (by GC, corrected for water) ACS NLT 99.5% Assay (by specific firstname.lastname@example.org°C) USP NLT 99.5% Proof 27CFR 30.23 Lot Analysis Identification Test A USP It meets the specifications of the test for Specific Gravity Specific Gravity USP NMT 0.7962 @ 15.56°C Identification Test B USP Conforms to IR Spectra Water (wt%) ACS 0.2%, max Solubility in Water ACS+ To Pass Test Color of Solution USP+ The Sample solution has the appearance of water or is not more intensely colored than the standard solution Color (APHA) ACS 10 max Clarity of Solution USP+ Sample solution A and Sample solution B show the same clarity as that of water, or their opalescence is not more pronounced than that of the Standard suspension A. Acidity or Alkalinity USP+ The solution is pink (30ppm, as acetic acid) Titrable Acid ACS+ 0.0005 meq/g max. Titrable Base ACS+ 0.0002 meq/g max. Acetone/Isopropyl Alcohol ACS To Pass Test Ketones, Isopropyl Alcohol ACS To Pass Test Methanol ACS 0.1% maxSubstances Darkened by Sulfuric AcidACS+To Pass Test Substances Reducing Permanganate ACS+ To Pass Test Limit of Nonvolatile Residue Residue after Evaporation USP+ ACS+ NMT 2.5 mg 0.001% , max UV Absorbance USP Examine between 235nm – 340nm 240nm 0.40 max. 250nm-260nm 0.30 max. 270nm-340nm 0.10 max. The spectrum shows a steadily descending curve with no observable peaks or shoulders UV Absorbance ACS 220nm 0.30 max. 230nm 0.18 max 240nm 0.08 max 270nm-400nm 0.01 max Ultraviolet Absorbance purged of O2 ACS To Pass Test Gradient Elution ACS To Pass Test Gradient Analysis @ 254nm ACS To Pass Test Organic Impurities USP Methanol 200 ppm max. Acetaldehyde and Acetal 10 ppm max. Benzene 2ppm max. Sum of all other impurities 300 ppm max.
What's in the Box
- Fiber Box
- Cardboard Bottle Dividers
- 4 - Fluorinated Poly Gallon Bottles
Requirements to Buy
All pure alcohol is subject to TTB regulation
- Shipments may be made with payment of tax, against your Industrial Alcohol User Permit or as a transfer in bond from our DSP to yours. The requirements for each type of shipment are as follows:
Tax Paid (No Permit):
- Cannot be used for beverage or re-packaged/processed in its pure form for resale (includes re-labelling - refer to our disclaimer). First Purchase Order must clearly show the Excise Tax amount for product requested ($13.34 per proof gallon). Taxes are collected and remitted to the US Government by Greenfield Global USA, as required by a Distilled Spirits Plant (DSP) making taxable removals.
Tax Free (Industrial Alcohol User Permit):
- Permit issued by TTB must be in good standing and have a sufficient proof gallon limit to cover your orders for the entire calendar year. Upon placing your first order, you must provide us with a copy of the permit - signed, dated, and marked 'COPY.' We will only be able to ship to the physical address that's listed on your permit (or any attached list of approved addresses). Each purchase order submitted to us must also explicitly state what your permit number is and that it's valid. We should be made aware of any subsequent amendments to your permit if you continue to order from us. Any shipments that exceed your annual limit will be assessed excise tax at your request, or you can choose to wait and have you permit limit increased. Please see the TTB's site on Tax Free Alcohol for more details: https://ttb.gov/industrial/taxfree_alcohol.shtml
Transfer in Bond (Form 5100.16):
- If you are a DSP that wishes to transfer spirts from our bonded premise to yours, an approved 5100.16 Application for Transfer of Spirits in Bond form must be provided. We can only ship to whatever address is listed on the approval. We will not be able to process any orders that are in excess of the proof gallon limit you are provided with - that limit is based on your operations bond coverage and should be used to determine the maximum proof gallons you can collectively have in your inventory and/or in transit to your DSP at any given time. If you are claiming the PATH Act bond waiver, you are given an total annual limit of 3,703.7 proof gallons, calculated from the $50,000 worth of coverage the government is allowing.
Click here to see additional documentation on this product
Typical Lead Time
- 3 business days